Research has shown that a synthetic phonics approach is the most effective in early literacy intervention but, without a structured, supported and systematic approach to the teaching of phonics, teachers may not feel confident delivering what their learners need most.
Pearson’s own Sabine Bolick and Liz Hatton invite you to the on-demand webinar “Teaching decodable reading strategies with Bug Club Phonics”. In this 1-hour professional learning session, Sabine and Liz will cover questions at the core of successful phonics teaching, including:
- What is a synthetic phonics sequence?
- What’s a phonic phase or set?
- What’s the difference between a grapheme, phoneme, diagraph, trigraph and where does blending fit in?
- How do I run a phoneme lesson that will engage my students?
- How do I know if my students are progressing?
- How can I prepare my students and myself for the Year 1 Phonics Screening check?
- When and how should I be using decodable readers?
- What other resources are available?
- How can I apply the new Bug Club Phonics teaching program effectively in my classroom?