- Fully aligned to the new Stage 6 senior Biology, Chemistry and Physics Syllabuses.
- High quality, current content that supports learners.
- Developed by highly experienced and expert author teams.
- Each student book comes with an eBook.
- Module openings link to the broader outcomes from the Stage 6 Syllabus.
- Worked examples scaffold problems and guide students through solving them. Each worked example is followed by a Try Yourself. This allows students to immediately test their understanding.
- SkillBuilders step students through key scientific and mathematical skills that are essential for learning.
- Additional content goes beyond the core content of the Syllabus. This content is intended for students who wish to expand their depth of understanding
- Section review includes a summary to assist students consolidate key points and concepts. Each section finishes with questions to test students’ understanding and ability to recall the section’s key concepts. The NSW Stage 6 Syllabus Learning across the curriculum and General capabilities content are addressed throughout the series and are identified using icons.
- Module review. Each module finishes with a comprehensive set of exam style questions, including multiple choice and extended response. These assist students in drawing together their knowledge and understanding and applying it.
- Biology in Action, Chemistry in Action and Physics in Action sections encourage students to think about what happens in the world and how science explains this.
- Biofiles, Chemfiles and PhysicsFiles scattered throughout include interesting facts and real world examples.
Buy the student books
eBook gives you access to the electronic version of your Student Book as well as bonus multimedia assets. It’s built to work both online and offline making content easily available anytime, anywhere in every school.
Learners can quickly navigate through their ebooks, read them, take notes and save bookmarks. eBook integrates multimedia (audio/video) and interactive activities that enhance and extend the reading experience.
- Read the student book with bonus multimedia content.
- Add, edit, and delete highlights and notes
- Synchronise state and data across multiple devices even when the user is offline.
Buy the eBooks
Skills and Assessment activity books
The write-in Skills and Assessment activity books focus on working scientifically skills and assessment. They are designed to consolidate concepts learnt in class. Students are also provided with regular opportunities for reflection and self-evaluation throughout the book.
- Fully aligned to the new Stage 6 Senior Science Syllabuses.
- Key knowledge
- Practical activities
- Depth studies
- Module review questions
- Designed so that they are able to be used independently from the student books.
- Fully worked solutions and suggested answers to the activity book can be found in the Teacher Support on Pearson Places.
Buy the Skills and Assessment activity books
To save you time we’ve developed material which helps you meet the new content and assessment requirements prescribed. With a particular focus on the significant changes in the curriculum, we provide you with a wealth of teacher support and resources.
Student book resources include:
- Scope and Sequence
- Syllabus grid
- Answers and fully worked solutions for all student book questions and try yourself
- Inquiry task teacher support
Skills and Assessment activity book resources include:
- Solutions and sample answers for the worksheets, practical activities, depth studies and module review questions
- Depth study rubrics
- Teacher support for the practical activities (teacher notes, safety notes, risk assessments, lab technician's checklist and recipes)
Contact your education consultant to access teacher support.