Literacy < Assessment and intervention
Recorded webinar: A whole-school approach to assessment and intervention
A case study
Want to access the recording? Click here to register.
About the webinar
Explore how Berwick Chase Primary School are using assessment and intervention to drive whole-school literacy improvement.
- Hear from Jodie Day as she provides answers to the questions:
- What drove Berwick Chase Primary School to look at a whole–school approach to literacy?
- What steps did they take?
- How did they manage to get everyone on board?
- What role does assessment play?
- How did they decide on the intervention approach they are using?
- What is needed for continued success and how do they measure effectiveness?
About the presenter: Jodie Day
Jodie is a Leading Teachers at Berwick Chase Primary School in Victoria. She has the responsibility of Literacy Support Coordinator for students from Foundation to 6.
More recently Jodie has become a Pearson's presenter in the Literacy domain. She holds 'Best Practice' event nights at Berwick Chase Primary School to assist other schools in understanding the Fountas and Pinnell Leveled Literacy Systems and how these can be unpacked and organised to best cater for students requiring additional support.
Jodie believes in collaborative professional learning communities to enhance Literacy for all students and feels that all students should be leaving primary school as literate and numerate individuals who have the ability to apply a growth mindset to any life challenges.
Interested in literacy resources? Check these out.