An explicit framework to teach comprehension skills
Teach your students to become more effective, critical and reflective readers with Making Connections, a literacy series for Years 1-6. This series helps your students to apply comprehension strategies and construct meaning, using texts which are designed to assist students as they apply new skills. Students will learn to generate questions at both a literal and evaluative level.
Skill focuses for each year level
Each year group focuses on a certain set of skills.
- Year 1 Skills: Identify Detail, Sequencing, Main Idea, Compare and Contrast
- Year 2 Skills: Identifying Detail, Sequencing, Main Idea, Compare and Contrast, Fact and Opinion.
- Year 3 Skills: Sequencing, Main Idea, Compare and Contrast, Fact and Opinion, Cause and Effect.
- Year 4 Skills: Sequencing, Main Idea, Compare and Contrast, Fact and Opinion, Cause and Effect.
- Year 5 Skills: Main Idea, Compare and Contrast, Fact and Opinion, Cause and Effect, Figurative Language
- Year 6 Skills: Main Idea, Compare and Contrast, Cause and Effect, Figurative Language, Bias and Prejudice.
Browse Making Connections online
Delivery is free when you order online! Browse Making Connections online now.
|Making Connections provides an explicit framework to teach comprehension skills. Explore the various components available for Years 1-6.
Find out more
Save money with packs
|Each Classroom Pack contains a Teacher's Resource Book and CD-ROM, a Blackline Master Book, and eight copies of all the Comprehension Library Titles. Classroom Packs 1, 2, 4 & 6 also contain 1 Interactive Big Book.
Shop online for Classroom Packs
Complimentary Interactive Big Books PDFs
|Every customer that purchases a Classroom Pack receives access to complimentary PDFs of the Interactive Big Books, located at Pearson Places. Contact Customer Care to access to these files.
Visit Pearson Places
|Support your Making Connections components with a LiveText DVD. This provides a digital version of the Big Book, the Blackline Master Book and the Teacher Resource Book plus the Poster Pack.
Shop online for LiveText DVDs