This Classroom Pack contains:
- 1 copy of Making Connections Blackline Master Book 4
- 1 copy of Making Connections Teacher's Resource Book 4 and CD-ROM
- 8 copies of Making Connections Comprehension Library Grade 4: The Loch Ness Monster
- 8 copies of Making Connections Comprehension Library Grade 4: Gulmamadak the Great
- 8 copies of Making Connections Comprehension Library Grade 4: Glow Worms
- 8 copies of Making Connections Comprehension Library Grade 4: The Big Move
- 8 copies of Making Connections Comprehension Library Grade 4: Mountain Bike Adventuring
This pack does not include the Big Book as it is out of print.
The Making Connections Blackline Master Books
provide texts and activities to develop and consolidate the skills and strategies which were introduced in the Big Books. The Blackline Master Books
- Two practice texts and an informal assessment test for each of the five skill areas
- Activities that accompany the text, so students can practise comprehension skills and strategies
- An assessment text to help teachers track students' progress
- Activities to prompt students to practise re-reading a text
- Graphic organisers for retrieving and organising information.
The Making Connections Comprehension Library provides authentic texts which allow students to apply their comprehension skills in a real-world context. Inside the back cover of each book are critical literacy activities for the whole class, groups or individual students.
The Making Connections Teacher's Resource Books and CD-ROMs include Diagnostic Assessment Tasks that assess students' competencies in each skill. Also included are revision texts for students who may require more consolidation and practice. Other material includes: checklists for tracking and recording student progress and graphic organisers.
A Teacher's CD-ROM accompanies each Teacher's Resource Book. The CD-ROMs feature:
Recommended CD Specifications
- a multiple choice, Diagnostic Assessment Task for each skill
- record keeping checklists
- graphic organisers to provide further practice for students.
- PC only
- Intel Pentium III processor or higher
- Windows 2000 or XP
- 128MB or more of installed RAM (256MB for complex forms or large documents)
- Adobe® Reader® 7 or 8