This pack contains 1 copy of Kozier and Erb’s Fundamentals of Nursing, Volumes 1-3
and 1 copy of Skills in Clinical Nursing
Skills in Clinical Nursing
The 2nd edition of Skills in Clinical Nursing
provides a primary Australian resource, preparing undergraduate nursing students to become skills-competent nurses, as well as providing practicing nurses with a highly relevant reference. The text acts as a visual manual, helping students learn to link theory to practice, developing their clinical skills and underpinning industry requirements.
The new edition has been updated to address the latest research as well as emerging needs of clinical nursing students in the Australian context.
Kozier and Erb’s Fundamentals of Nursing, Volumes 1-3
The 5th Australian edition Kozier & Erb’s Fundamentals of Nursing
continues to setting the foundation for nursing excellence amid ongoing changes to the regulation of nursing.
For undergraduate nurses, the product covers key concepts in contemporary nursing such as delivering inclusive nursing practice, as well as discussing the latest nursing evidence, standards, and competencies.
Aligned with current nursing standards, the 5th edition helps students link their theoretical knowledge to clinical practice.
New to this edition
- Updated Research Notes, Real World features and images to reflect contemporary Australian and New Zealand research, clinician stories and evidence-based practice.
- Updated to include recent changes to the NSQHS standards, including:
- Comprehensive care
- Communication for safety
- mental health and cognitive impairment
- health literacy,
- end-of-life care and,
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
- The Patient Safety Competency Framework (PSCF) for Nursing Students are integrated throughout the chapters, with practical examples on how the safety domains can be applied in practice.
- Addition of a new chapter focused on Disability, allowing for a more thorough understanding of disability and how it is related to different topics of nursing
- The Fundamentals of Care Framework is integrated throughout, showing how each of the three dimensions can be applied to nursing practice by way of application to case study questions throughout the text.
- Learning outcomes and examples are mapped to the relevant Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) Registered Nurse Standards for Practice and Patent Safety Competency Framework document.