What Nitty Gritty
brings to your classroom:
- High interest, rich texts with themes relevant and of interest to young adolescents
- Stimulating and engaging discussion prompts, and activities focusing on key critical literacy areas including author purpose, power of language, characterisation, bias, point of view and more.
- Cutting-edge design and text layout to engage young adult readers
- Text written by a range of local and international authors including Diana Noonan, Jillian Sullivan, William Taylor, Stu Duval, Tina Shaw, John Lockyer, Glynne MacLean and more
- a range of genres: mystery, adventure, historical fiction, science fiction, fantasy and contemporary fiction
- Different social and cultural perspectives, strong themes and messages to spark discussion. and encourage the questioning, challenging and deconstructing of texts
- Gatefold back covers with critical literacy discussion prompts for literature circles.