The Sails Literacy Series
is the perfect resource for Guided Reading and Writing, Reciprocal Reading and Independent Reading. The engaging visuals and subjects will motivate your students to read for pleasure and for information.
The Sails Literacy Series develops:
- analytical thinking skills
- decoding and comprehension skills
- understanding of fiction and non-fiction
- understanding of purpose, structure and genre.
The Sails Literacy Charting Progress Kit for Emergent/Early Levels includes:
- Levelled unseen fiction and non-fiction texts to use with students as they progress through the developmental levels of Emergent and Early.
- A variety of tasks that probe the comprehension strategies students are able to use.
- Checks and Checklists to ascertain the learning intentions achieved, with suggestions for strengthening areas of need.
- Observation Sheets to provide insight into students’ attitudes to reading and writing, with suggestions to support students demonstrating problems.
- A variety of visual language tasks that give information about students’ abilities to interpret visual information.
- Suggested schedules for information gathering.
This Sails Literacy Charting Progress Kit will support the identification of:
- Instructional Reading Level
- Comprehension Strategies
- Processing Strategies
- Fluency Skills (Flow and Phrasing)
- Vocabulary Knowledge
- Phonic Knowledge
- Phonemic Awareness
- Visual Information Knowledge
- Writing Stage
- Oral Language Stage