Principles of Marketing
- Learning objectives - Each chapter begins with learning objectives that prepare the reader for the chapter material and detail the learning goals
- Concept map - The concept map graphically previews and positions each chapter and its key concepts, providing a visual guide to enable easy navigation of the chapter content.
- Linking the concepts - The key concepts are reflected upon at the end of each chapter’s main sections.
- Highlighted definitions and key terms - Throughout each chapter, definitions in colour are provided in the margin adjacent to where each key term is discussed in the text.
- Marketing in action - Additional examples and important information are presented in marketing highlight exhibits throughout the book, together with questions for class and individual use.
- Student learning centre - Each chapter concludes with a section dedicated to student learning. It provides a summary of the chapter relative to the chapter learning objectives, discussion questions, critical thinking exercises and a page-referenced list of the chapter’s key terms.
- Mini cases - These short application cases at the end of each chapter address current issues and company situations. Questions are linked to the chapter’s learning objectives.
- Case studies - Appendix 1 sets out case studies that highlight key ideas, stories and marketing strategies. Cases involve smalland medium-sized enterprises, as well as large firms.
Marketing: A Snapshot
This concise guide has just three parts.
Part 1 Snapshot of Marketing Concepts provides students with a holistic understanding of the key marketing activities associated with the marketing process. It does this by defining marketing and describing the various steps in the marketing process.
A variety of step-by-step diagrams provide a visual representation of the relationship among the core marketing concepts.
Part 2 Snapshot of Marketing in Real-Life demonstrates the application of the concepts identified in Chapter One to an in-detail case study of ASCA, a non-profit organisation which serves as adviser and buying group for schools.
Part 3 Applying the Core Marketing Concepts includes a set of learning activities related to each portion of the marketing process and consists of case studies and short and long essay questions.