This text is targeted towards teaching primary and middle years mathematics units in the Bachelor of Education degree.
Illustrates how children learn mathematics, and then shows pre-service teachers the most effective methods of teaching mathematics through hands-on, problem-based activities.
- Serves as a go-to reference for the mathematics content suggested for Foundation to Year 9 as recommended in the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics (ACARA, 2016), and for the research-based strategies that illustrate how students best learn this content.
- Presents a practical resource of robust, problem-based activities and tasks that can engage students in the use of significant mathematical concepts and skills.
- Reports on technology that makes teaching mathematics in a problem-based approach more visible, including access to ready-to-use activity pages and references to quality websites.
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
This product is only available for a 180 day rental period starting from the date of purchase.
Free student and educator resources
A Guide to Worksheets and BlackLine Masters
is available to download for both educators and students. It provides easy navigation to the wealth of Teacher Resources, Activities, Expanded Lessons and BlackLine masters that appear as pink highlights throughout the text of this book. Simply click on the Downloads tab.
Free digital image powerpoint slides are also available for ever chapter of Primary and Middle Years Mathematics
. Click on the Downloads tab. You will need to be logged into your educator account to access these files.