Dr Vogel's classic introduction to analytical methods has provided generations of chemists worldwide with a basis for teaching, learning and applying analytical chemistry. This 60th anniversary edition - the first for a decade - reflects major changes in the subject.
Analysts need to understand the concepts behind methods and Vogel's Quantitative Chemical Analysis provides clear introductions to all the key analytical methods including those involving advanced computerised equipment available in many analytical laboratories. The editors have built further on the work of Dr Vogel, modernising the approach while retaining the analytical concepts and ideas which were built into the original work.
This new edition has been extensively revised to take into account developments in instrumental procedures and coupled techniques whilst maintaining the book's focus on quantitative chemical and problem-specific analyses. With excellent cross-referencing this book provides a wealth of examples and tables of data.
1. Preface to First Edition.
2. Preface to Sixth Edition.
3. Safety; Units.
4. Reagent Purity.
6. Fundamental Theoretical Principles of Reactions in Solution.
7. Common Apparatus & Basic Techniques.
8. Statistics, Introduction to Chemometrics.
10. The Basis of Separative Methods.
11. Thin Layer Chromatography.
12. Liquid Chromatography.
13. Gas Chromatography.
14. Titrimetric Analysis.
15. Gravimetric Analysis.
16. Thermal Analysis.
17. Direct Electroanalytical Methods.
18. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
19. Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy.
20. Atomic Emission Spectroscopy.
21. Molecular Electronic Spectroscopy.
22. Vibrational Spectroscopy.
23. Mass Spectrometry.