Imagine each aspect of your classroom environment fine-tuned to meet the needs of your students. In Strategic Classroom Design
, Jessica Martin explains how to get started. This book explores how carefully designed classrooms lead to greater engagement and learning.
- Classroom setups that cultivate curiosity, belonging, and academic growth
- Design elements that make the greatest impact on teaching and learning
- Routines that help students move, transition, and interact in ways that maximise learning and minimise distraction
- Budget-friendly ideas for reorganising your classroom
- Photographs from a range of classroom environments are used to examine the different design choices teachers make. You’ll also find sample lessons detailing how to introduce your students to different areas in your classroom, a look at challenges many teachers face in a series of if/then questions throughout the book, and a photo-essay of one teacher’s journey with strategic classroom design.
Jessica reminds us, “The attention you give to the layout of your classroom provides everyone with a greater sense of belonging and more opportunities to become an engaged, focused, and collaborative community of learners.”