The Classroom Bundle for The Intermediate Comprehension Toolkit has everything needed to implement The Intermediate Comprehension Toolkit, for grades 3-6 – the strategy and lesson books, the Teacher’s Guide, the short nonfiction texts, and the online resources all included in the Toolkit – plus the 13 engaging books selected by the authors and used in the Toolkit lessons.
The original 6 trade books include:
- How Many Days to America: A Thanksgiving Story by Eve Beck;
- Lightning (Nature in Action) by Stephen Kramer;
- The Mary Celeste: An Unsolved Mystery from History by Jane Yolen;
- The Story of Ruby Bridges by Robert Coles;
- The Top of the World: Climbing Mount Everest by Steve Jenkins;
- Cheyenne Again by Eve Bunting;
- Now Let Me Fly by Dolores Johnson.
The new trade books for Content Literacy lessons include:
- Kids Fight for Civil Rights (Appleseeds, October 2013)
- Lend Me A Paw (National Geographic Ladders series)
- Speak Out (National Geographic Ladders series)
- Surprising Sharks (Candlewick Press)
- The Journey that Saved Curious George (HMH Books for Young Readers)
- The Mayflower Compact (National Geographic Reading Expeditions)