Today, the pace of project management moves faster. Project management needs to become more flexible and far more responsive to customers. Using Agile Project Management (APM), project managers can achieve all these goals without compromising value, quality, or business discipline. In Agile Project Management
renowned agile pioneer Jim Highsmith thoroughly updates his classic guide to APM, extending and refining it to support even the largest projects and organisations.
Writing for project leaders, managers, and executives at all levels, Highsmith integrates the best project management, product management, and software development practices into an overall framework designed to support unprecedented speed and mobility. The many topics added in this new edition include incorporating agile values, scaling agile projects, release planning, portfolio governance, and enhancing organisational agility. Project and business leaders will especially appreciate Highsmith’s new coverage of promoting agility through performance measurements based on value, quality, and constraints.
This edition’s coverage includes:
- Understanding the agile revolution’s impact on product development
- Recognising when agile methods will work in project management, and when they won’t
- Setting realistic business objectives for Agile Project Management
- Promoting agile values and principles across the organisation
- Utilising a proven Agile Enterprise Framework that encompasses governance, project and iteration management, and technical practices
- Optimising all five stages of the agile project: Envision, Speculate, Explore, Adapt, and Close
- Organisational and product-related processes for scaling agile to the largest projects and teams
- Agile project governance solutions for executives and management
- The “Agile Triangle”: measuring performance in ways that encourage agility instead of discouraging it
- The changing role of the agile project leader
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.