The C++ programming language is popular for developing systems software, embedded systems, operating systems, real-time systems, games, communications systems and other high-performance computer applications. C++20 for Programmers is an introductory-through-intermediate-level, tutorial presentation of Modern C++, which consists of the four most recent C++ standardsC++11, C++14, C++17 and C++20.
Written for programmers with a background in another high-level language, C++20 for Programmers
applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching Modern C++ and explores the C++20 language and libraries in depth. The book presents concepts in fully tested programs, complete with code walkthroughs, syntax coloring, code highlighting and program outputs. It features hundreds of complete C++20 programs with thousands of lines of proven code, and hundreds of software-development tips with a special focus on performance and security, that will help you build robust applications.
Start with C++ fundamentals and the Deitels classic treatment of object-oriented programmingclasses, inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading and exception handling. Then discover additional topics, including:
- Functional-style programming and lambdas
- Concurrency and parallelism for optimal multi-core and big data performance
- The Standard Template Librarys containers, iterators and algorithms upgraded to C++20
- Text files, CSV files, JSON serialisation
- Defining custom function templates and class templates