The Kollected Kode Vicious
brings together Kode Vicious essays on building more effective computer systems: some of the most popular and respected essays ever published by ACMs Queue Magazine. These entertaining and incisive explorations, written as Socratic Q&A dialogues, are complemented with never-before-published material that illuminate KVs broader themes and offer new advice on code spelunking and other issues.
KVs essays range from very specific coding advice to wide-ranging discussions of building distributed systems, working with difficult people, and hosting code reviews. While the topics are diverse, KVs unifying and unique voice is consistent throughout. The columns in The Kollected Kode Vicious
focus on five major areas:
- The Kode at Hand: What to do or not do with a specific piece of code
- Systems Design: Overall systems design issues
- Koding Konundrums: Q&As about things that surround code, such as testing and documentation
- Machine to Machine: Distributed systems and computer networking
- Human to Human: Dealing with other people, including developers and managers
Relevant to software engineers in school or just beginning their careers, KVs work offers practical and pragmatic advice for everyone who codes, works with code, or works with coders.
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.