Retrospectives are indispensable for continuous learning and improvement in Lean, Agile, DevOps, and other contexts, but most of us have suffered through at least one retrospective that was a waste of time, or worse. Now, leading agile coach Aino Vonge Corry identifies 24 reasons that retrospectives fail and shows how to overcome each of them.
Using the familiar patterns approach, Retrospectives Antipatterns
introduces antipatterns related to structure, planning, people, distributed teams, and more. Corry shares traps shes encountered and mistakes shes made over more than a decade of leading retrospectives and then presents proven solutions. With her insights and guidance, you can run enjoyable retrospectives that deliver concrete improvements and real value--or at the very least recognise when you are making the same mistake as the author!
- Create a common language, actionable solutions, and proven plans for solving the retrospective problems youll encounter most often
- Recognise symptoms, assess tradeoffs, and refactor your current situation into something better
- Plan more effectively: decide who should attend and facilitate, when to schedule your retrospective, and how much time to set aside
- Handle people problems: deal with negativity, silence, distrust, disillusionment, loudmouths, and cultural differences
- Facilitate better virtual retrospectives, with tips for online retrospectives included in each antipattern
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.