Michael J. Hernandez's best-selling Database Design for Mere Mortals
has earned worldwide respect as the simplest way to learn relational database design. Now, he has made this hands-on, software independent tutorial even clearer and easier to use.
Step by step, this new 25th Anniversary Edition
shows you how to design modern databases that are soundly structured, reliable, and flexible, even in the latest online applications. Hernandez guides you through everything from planning to defining tables, fields, keys, table relationships, business rules, and views. Youll learn practical ways to improve data integrity, how to avoid common mistakes, and when to break the rules. Updated review questions and figures help you learn these techniques more easily and effectively.
- Understand database types, models, and design terminology
- Perform interviews to efficiently capture requirementseven if everyones working remotely
- Set clear design objectives and transform them into effective designs
- Analyse a current database so you can identify ways to improve it
- Establish table structures and relationships, assign primary keys, set field specifications, and set up views
- Ensure the correct level of data integrity for each database
- Identify and establish business rules
- Preview and prepare for the future of relational databases
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.