We design to elicit responses from people. We want them to buy something, read more, or take action of some kind. Designing without understanding what makes people act the way they do is like exploring a new city without a map: results will be haphazard, confusing, and inefficient. This book combines real science and research with practical examples to deliver a guide every designer needs. With this book you’ll design more intuitive and engaging apps, software, websites and products that match the way people think, decide and behave.
Apply psychology and behavioural science to your designs.
Here are some of the questions this book will answer:
- What grabs and holds attention.
- What makes memories stick?
- What is more important, peripheral or central vision?
- Can you predict the types of errors people will make?
- What is the limit to someone’s social circle?
- What line length for text is best?
- Are some fonts better than others?
These are just a few of the questions that the book answers in its deep-dive exploration of what makes people tick.
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.