Professional coaching is about teaching skills that help people get unstuck and find a way forward in virtually any professional or personal situation. Since the early 2000s, professional coaching has been increasingly applied to help individuals, teams, and organisations move to Agile mindsets and methods.
In Professional Coaching for Agilists
, Damon Poole and Gillian Lee draw on their experience with thousands of Agile coaches and practitioners to show you how to use Agile in your own coaching to help your colleagues thrive. The authors' approach of "learning by doing" teaches by using realistic exercises, real-life examples, and well-honed practice conversations. This guide is methodology-independent and has been designed for Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, and anyone who works with those they coach. It teaches high-value skills, step by step -- from "coaching by objective" to managing mutually successful engagements.
- Focus coaching on creating aha moments that lead to real change
- Use specific coaching techniques to connect coaching objectives with powerful questions
- Help individuals uncover blind spots and assess reality more clearly
- Offer your expertise while maintaining your coaching mindset
- Help people improve performance by living their values, goals, and strengths
- Blend professional coaching with group facilitation so they both work better
- Use methodologies like Scrum and Kanban as professional coaching tools
- Become a great coach by making coaching a natural extension of who you are