Artificial Intelligence for Business
is your plain-English guide to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML): how they work, what they can and cannot do, and how to start profiting from them. Writing for nontechnical executives and professionals, Doug Rose demystifies AI/ML technology with intuitive analogies and explanations honed through years of teaching and consulting. Rose explains everything from early expert systems to advanced deep learning networks.
First, Rose explains how AI and ML emerged, exploring pivotal early ideas that continue to influence the field. Next, he deepens your understanding of key ML concepts, showing how machines can create strategies and learn from mistakes. Then, Rose introduces current powerful neural networks: systems inspired by the structure and function of the human brain. He concludes by introducing leading AI applications, from automated customer interactions to event prediction. Throughout, Rose stays focused on business: applying these technologies to leverage new opportunities and solve real problems.
- Compare the ways a machine can learn, and explore current leading ML algorithms
- Start with the right problems, and avoid common AI/ML project mistakes
- Use neural networks to automate decision-making and identify unexpected patterns
- Help neural networks learn more quickly and effectively
- Harness AI chatbots, virtual assistants, virtual agents, and conversational AI applications
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.