Framework Design Guidelines
has long been the definitive guide to best practices for developing components and component libraries in Microsoft .NET. Now, this edition has been fully revised to reflect game-changing API design innovations introduced by Microsoft through eight recent updates to C#, eleven updates to .NET Framework, and the emergence and evolution of .NET Core.
Three leading Microsoft architects share the same guidance Microsoft teams are using to evolve .NET, so you can design well-performing components that feel like natural extensions to the platform. Building on the book’s proven explanatory style, the authors and expert annotators offer insider guidance on new .NET and C# concepts, including major advances in asynchronous programming and lightweight memory access. Throughout, they clarify and refresh existing content, helping you take full advantage of best practices based on C# 8, .NET Framework 4.8, and .NET Core.
- Discover which practices should always, generally, rarely, or never be used—including practices that are no longer recommended
- Learn the general philosophy and fundamental principles of modern framework design
- Explore common framework design patterns with up-to-date C# examples
- Apply best practices for naming, types, extensibility, and exceptions
- Learn how to design libraries that scale in the cloud
- Master new async programming techniques utilising Task and ValueTask
- Make the most of the Core Memory and Span types for lightweight memory access
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.