This guide shows how to combine data science with social science to gain unprecedented insight into customer behaviour, so you can change it. Joanne Rodrigues bridges the gap between predictive data science and statistical techniques that reveal why important things happen -- why customers buy more, or why they immediately leave your site -- so you can get more behaviours you want and less you don’t. Drawing on extensive enterprise experience and deep knowledge of demographics and sociology, Rodrigues shows how to create better theories and metrics, so you can accelerate the process of gaining insight, altering behaviour, and earning business value. You’ll learn how to:
- Develop complex, testable theories for understanding individual and social behaviour in web products
- Think like a social scientist and contextualise individual behavior in today’s social environments
- Build more effective metrics and KPIs for any web product or system
- Conduct more informative and actionable A/B tests
- Explore causal effects, reflecting a deeper understanding of the differences between correlation and causation
- Alter user behaviour in a complex web product
- Understand how relevant human behaviours develop, and the prerequisites for changing them
- Choose the right statistical techniques for common tasks such as multistate and uplift modeling
- Use advanced statistical techniques to model multidimensional systems
- Do all of this in R (with sample code available in a separate code manual)
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.