The 5th edition has been extensively revised to keep pace with advances in theory and practice, particularly from cognitive science. Now more than ever, teachers will find an extensive range of presentations, activities, and tasks to meet the specific needs of their classes.
- Pretests at the start of each chapter enable learners to check what they already know.
- Updated grammar charts reflect current usage and highlight differences between written and spoken English.
- A new chapter on article usage.
- A variety of high-interest readings include reviews, articles on current topics, and blogs that focus on student success.
- Additional incremental practice helps learners better grasp concepts, while thematic exercises and integrated tasks offer more contextualised language use.
- Step-by-step writing activities are supported by writing tips and pre-writing and editing tasks.
- Revised MyEnglishLab for a fully blended program.