As digital crime soars, so does the need for experts who can recover and evaluate evidence for successful prosecution. Now, Dr. Darren Hayes has thoroughly updated his definitive guide to digital forensics investigations, reflecting current best practices for securely seizing, extracting and analysing digital evidence, protecting the integrity of the chain of custody, effectively documenting investigations, and scrupulously adhering to the law, so that your evidence is admissible in court.
Every chapter of this new 2nd edition is revised to reflect newer technologies, the latest challenges, technical solutions, and recent court decisions. Hayes has added detailed coverage of wearable technologies, IoT forensics, 5G communications, vehicle forensics, and mobile app examinations; advances in incident response; and new iPhone and Android device examination techniques. Through practical activities, realistic examples, and fascinating case studies, youll build hands-on masteryand prepare to succeed in one of todays fastest-growing fields.
LEARN HOW TO
- Understand what digital forensics examiners do, the evidence they work with, and the opportunities available to them
- Explore how modern device features affect evidence gathering, and use diverse tools to investigate them
- Establish a certified forensics lab and implement best practices for managing and processing evidence
- Gather data online to investigate todays complex crimes
- Uncover indicators of compromise and master best practices for incident response
- Investigate financial fraud with digital evidence
- Use digital photographic evidence, including metadata and social media images
- Investigate wearable technologies and other Internet of Things devices
- Learn new ways to extract a full file system image from many iPhones
- Capture extensive data and real-time intelligence from popular apps
- Follow strict rules to make evidence admissible, even after recent Supreme Court decisions
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.