Long recognised as the most authoritative, practical, and comprehensive guide to structural mapping methods, Applied Three-Dimensional Subsurface Geological Mapping, 3rd Edition
, has been thoroughly updated to reflect recent technical developments, with an emphasis on shale play basins, horizontal drilling, unconventional resources, and modern workflows.
The authors of this edition have more than a century of collective experience in hydrocarbon exploration and development, in major, large, independent companies throughout the world. In this long-awaited update, they present revised and new chapters on computer mapping, shale basin exploration, and prospect reserves and risk. They introduce key innovations related to shale reservoirs, hydraulic fracturing, and deviated, horizontal, and directional wells, along with expanded discussions of computer interpretations and mapping.
Throughout, the book links theory and practice based on fundamental geoscience principles. These principles will help you integrate all available geological, geophysical, and engineering data, to generate more reasonable and viable subsurface interpretations, and to construct maps that successfully identify reserves.
- Master core principles and proven methods for accurate subsurface interpretations and mapping
- Construct subsurface maps and cross-sections from well logs, seismic sections, and outcrop data
- Work effectively with horizontal and directionally drilled wells and directional surveys
- Use powerful well log-correlation techniques
- Construct viable fault and horizon structure maps
- Balance and interpret compressional, extensional, and strike-slip structures
- Distinguish between the different structure styles and the characterisation of growth structures
- Understand isochore and isopach maps
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.