The digital technology explosion has blown everything to bitsand the blast has provided new challenges and opportunities. This 2nd edition of Blown to Bits
delivers the knowledge you need to take greater control of your information environment and thrive in a world thats coming whether you like it or not.
Straight from internationally respected Harvard/MIT experts, this plain-English bestseller has been fully revised for the latest controversies over social media, fake news, big data, cyberthreats, privacy, artificial intelligence and machine learning, self-driving cars, the Internet of Things, and much more.
- Discover who owns all that data about youand what they can infer from it
- Learn to challenge algorithmic decisions
- See how close you can get to sending truly secure messages
- Decide whether you really want always-on cameras and microphones
- Explore the realities of Internet free speech
- Protect yourself against out-of-control technologies (and the powerful organisations that wield them)
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.