With remarkable clarity, Drs. Bernard Sklar and fred harris introduce every digital communication technology at the heart of todays wireless and Internet revolutions, with completely new chapters on synchronisation, OFDM, and MIMO.
Building on the fields classic, best-selling introduction, the authors provide a unified structure and context for helping students and professional engineers understand each technology, without sacrificing mathematical precision. They illuminate the big picture and details of modulation, coding, and signal processing, tracing signals and processing steps from information source through sink. Throughout, readers will find numeric examples, step-by-step implementation guidance, and diagrams that place key concepts in clear context.
- Understand signals, spectra, modulation, demodulation, detection, communication links, system link budgets, synchronisation, fading, and other key concepts
- Apply channel coding techniques, including advanced turbo coding and LDPC
- Explore multiplexing, multiple access, and spread spectrum concepts and techniques
- Learn about source coding: amplitude quantising, differential PCM, and adaptive prediction
- Discover the essentials and applications of synchronisation, OFDM, and MIMO technology