Writing in plain, easy-to-understand language, telecom expert Annabel Dodd demystifies today’s most significant telecom and networking technologies, standards, and architectures. She introduces leading providers worldwide, explains where they fit in a fast-changing marketplace, and presents their key strategies. Extensive updates to this edition include new coverage of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), extensive new wireless updates (including LTE), and updates to telecom/network security threats and countermeasures.
The Essential Guide to Telecommunications
- Computing and enabling technologies associated with modern telecommunications
- LANs, data centers, and VoIP PBXs
- Competition, industry structures, and regulation
- Carrier networks
- Broadband and wide area networks
- The Internet
- Mobile and Wi-Fi networks, and much more
, 6th Edition is the ideal single source resource for everyone who needs to understand this crucial industry, from novices and students to new employees, sales/marketing professionals, operations staff, managers, and technologists who need to understand where their work fits in the broader picture.
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.