If you want to write Windows apps with XAML, one person can help you more than anyone else: Adam Nathan. He has built a well-deserved reputation as the world’s #1 expert on putting it to work. Now, he’s written the definitive, practical XAML tutorial and reference: XAML Unleashed.
Nathan answers the questions you’re most likely to ask, walks through the tasks you’re sure to perform, and helps you avoid problems as you use XAML. You’ll learn how to create effective user interfaces for line-of-business apps, consumer apps, reusable controls, or anything else. These techniques will be invaluable whether you’re creating universal Windows apps or working with Silverlight or WPF.
is packed with C# and XAML code examples that are fully colour-coded to match their appearance in Visual Studio--the same approach that has made Nathan’s previous Unleashed books so popular.
Detailed information on how to.
- Understand and apply XAML’s syntax, namespaces, and keywords
- Organise controls and other elements in a smooth and intuitive user interface
- Make the most of XAML’s rich controls for content, items, images, text, and media
- Build exceptionally powerful user and custom controls
- Master reliable and efficient ways to mix XAML with procedural code
- Extend XAML with type converters, markup extensions, and other third-party desktop classes
- Use data binding to link and synchronise controls with in-memory representations of data
- Leverage XAML’s support for binary and logical resources
- Use styles, templates, and visual states to radically redesign controls without sacrificing their built-in functionality
- Access the Windows animation library to create stunning theme transitions and animations
- Build custom panels to enforce consistency in unusual user interfaces
- Understand subtle changes in XAML’s behavior across different Microsoft UI frameworks
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.