Janet Gregory and Lisa Crispin pioneered the agile testing discipline with their previous work, Agile Testing
. Now, in More Agile Testing
, they reflect on all they’ve learned since. They address crucial emerging issues, share evolved agile practices, and cover key issues agile testers have asked to learn more about.
Packed with new examples from real teams, this insightful guide offers detailed information about adapting agile testing for your environment; learning from experience and continually improving your test processes; scaling agile testing across teams; and overcoming the pitfalls of automated testing. You’ll find brand-new coverage of agile testing for the enterprise, distributed teams, mobile/embedded systems, regulated environments, data warehouse/BI systems, and DevOps practices.
You’ll come away understanding
- How to clarify testing activities within the team
- Ways to collaborate with business experts to identify valuable features and deliver the right capabilities
- How to design automated tests for superior reliability and easier maintenance
- How agile team members can improve and expand their testing skills
- How to plan “just enough,” balancing small increments with larger feature sets and the entire system
- How to use testing to identify and mitigate risks associated with your current agile processes and to prevent defects
- How to address challenges within your product or organisational context
- How to perform exploratory testing using “personas” and “tours”
- Exploratory testing approaches that engage the whole team, using test charters with session- and thread-based techniques
- How to bring new agile testers up to speed quickly–without overwhelming them
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.