With Salesforce.com’s Force.com platform, you can build and deploy powerful cloud-based enterprise applications faster than ever before. Now, Jason Ouellette gives you all the practical, technical guidance you need to make the most of the newest Force.com releases in your own custom cloud applications.
Throughout, he adds new code and updated best practices for rapidly prototyping, building, and testing production-quality Force.com solutions. This edition’s extensive new coverage includes Developer Console, JSON, Streaming and Tooling APIs, Bulk API, Force.com Canvas, REST integration, support for Web MVC frameworks, Dynamic Apex and Visualforce, and an all-new chapter on mobile user interfaces.
Ouellette covers the entire platform: UIs, database design, analytics, security, and many other topics. His code examples emphasise maintainability, flexibility, and seamless integration—and you can run and adapt all of them with a free Force.com Developer Edition account. Coverage includes:
- Leveraging Force.com’s customisable infrastructure to deliver advanced Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions
- Understanding Force.com’s unique processes, tools, and architecture
- Developing a complete application, from requirements and use cases through deployment
- Using the Force.com database as a framework for highly flexible, maintainable applications
- Applying Force.com’s baked-in security, including user identity, data ownership, and fine-grained access control
- Constructing powerful business logic with Apex, SOQL, and SOSL
- Adopting asynchronous actions, Single Page Applications, and other advanced features in Web user interfaces
- Building intuitive user interfaces with Visualforce, and extending them to public-facing websites and mobile devices
- Creating smartphone/tablet-friendly apps with HTML5 and Visualforce
- Performing massive data-intensive tasks offline with Batch Apex
- Using Force.com integration options, including REST, SOAP, Canvas, and the Streaming, Bulk, Tooling, and Metadata APIs
- Developing internal social applications with Force.com’s Chatter collaboration tools
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.