The next generation of mission-critical and embedded systems will be “cyber physical”: They will demand the precisely synchronised and seamless integration of complex sets of computational algorithms and physical components. Cyber-Physical Systems
is the definitive guide to building cyber-physical systems (CPS) for a wide spectrum of engineering and computing applications.
Three pioneering experts have brought together the field’s most significant work in one volume that will be indispensable for all practitioners, researchers, and advanced students. This guide addresses CPS from multiple perspectives, drawing on extensive contributions from leading researchers.
The authors and contributors review key CPS challenges and innovations in multiple application domains. Next, they describe the technical foundations underlying modern CPS solutions—both what we know and what we still need to learn. Throughout, the authors offer guiding principles for every facet of CPS development, from design and analysis to planning future innovations.
Comprehensive coverage includes
- Understanding CPS drivers, challenges, foundations, and emerging directions
- Building life-critical, context-aware, networked systems of medical devices
- Creating energy grid systems that reduce costs and fully integrate renewable energy sources
- Modeling complex interactions across cyber and physical domains
- Synthesising algorithms to enforce CPS control
- Addressing space, time, energy, and reliability issues in CPS sensor networks
- Applying advanced approaches to real-time scheduling
- Securing CPS: preventing “man-in-the-middle” and other attacks
- Ensuring logical correctness and simplifying verification
- Enforcing synchronised communication between distributed agents
Using model-integration languages to define formal semantics for CPS models
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.