Software Systems Architecture
is a highly regarded, practitioner-oriented guide to designing and implementing effective architectures for information systems. It is both a readily accessible introduction to software architecture and an invaluable handbook of well-established best practices.
With this book you will learn how to
- Design and communicate an architecture that reflects and balances the different needs of its stakeholders
- Focus on architecturally significant aspects of design, including frequently overlooked areas such as performance, resilience, and location
- Use scenarios and patterns to drive the creation and validation of your architecture
- Document your architecture as a set of related views
Reflecting new standards and developments in the field, this new edition extends and updates much of the content, and
- Adds a “system context viewpoint” that documents the system’s interactions with its environment
- Expands the discussion of architectural principles, showing how they can be used to provide traceability and rationale for architectural decisions
- Explains how agile development and architecture can work together
- Positions requirements and architecture activities in the project context
- Presents a new lightweight method for architectural validation
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you'll gain instant access to this eBook.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.