Commercial Cookery (2e)
From time to time, not all images from hardcopy texts will be found in eBooks, due to copyright restrictions. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The new edition of Commercial Cookery covers all of the essentials skills and knowledge for Certificate III Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) for future commercial cooks. It has a strong emphasis on skills development and provides a selection of recipes to assist students to further develop their knowledge of the culinary area.
New to this edition
- Break-out boxes in the margins highlight key terms and information, including Legal issues, Terminology, Remember this and Safety, to assist students in remembering important issues and key words.
- Activities throughout each chapter test student knowledge and understanding.
- A Summary at the end of each chapter wraps up key information.
- Revision questions at the end of each chapter test comprehension of concepts.
- Special online resources for teachers reduce class preparation time.
- Online resources designed especially for students assist with their studies.
As students complete exercises in the Companion Website, the Gradetracker records their progress. Simple questions like true/false and multiple choice are marked automatically, while you can mark open ended questions, then download your entire class results in a single file.
Features & benefits
- Recipes exemplify different cooking methods and a cultural mix of cuisines
- A glossary reinforces key industry terms.
SITHCCC010A Select, prepare and cook poultry
SITHCCC011A Select, prepare and cook seafood
SITHCCC012A Select, prepare and cook meat
SITHCCC013A Prepare hot and cold desserts
SITHCCC014A Prepare pastries, cakes and yeast goods
SITHCCC015A Plan and prepare food for buffets
SITHCCC016A Develop cost effective menus
SITHCCC029A Prepare foods according to dietary and cultural needs