Advanced Building and Joinery Skills provides the capstone skills introduced in Basic Building and Construction Skills: Carpentry & Other General Construction Trades and extended in Site Establishment, Formwork and Framing.
Key topics addressed include:
- Erecting and dismantling formwork for slabs, beams and stairs
- Installing windows, doors, lining, panelling, moulding, wet area fixtures and external cladding
- Assembling and installing internal and external stairs
- Constructing advanced roofs.
Look for the new eText version that makes learning easier. Quickly search for information, highlight key passages and add bookmarks plus own notes.
This comprehensive student text includes:
- More than 550 line drawings and photographs to aid student learning
- A comprehensive list of these figures is provided at the front of the book for ease of reference
- Reader-friendly language and design
- Removable assessment worksheets with space for including relevant student details
- A full-colour appendix, at the back of the text, highlighting important visual concepts.
Greg Cheetham has more than 10 years teaching experience in the VET sector. Greg currently teaches students for TAFE NSW – Northern Sydney Institute.
This new edition has been written to address relevant carpentry and joinery units of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Integrated Framework (CPC08) including:
These include the following AQF Level 3 competencies:
CPCCJN3003A Manufacture and assemble components for door and window frames and doors
CPCCJN3004A Manufacture joinery components
CPCCCA3009A Construct advanced roofs
CPCCCA3010A Install and replace windows and doors
CPCCCA3012A Frame and fit wet area fixtures
CPCCCA3013A Installing, panelling and moulding
CPCCCA3016A Construct timber external stairs
CPCCCA3017A Install exterior cladding
CPCCCA3018A Construct, erect and dismantle formwork for stairs and ramps
CPCCCA3019A Erect and dismantle formwork to suspended slabs, columns, beams and walls
CPCCJS3003A Assemble and install stairs
CPCCJS3004A Manufacture and install continuous handrailing and special stair components