How can we help children develop a connection with nature? The answer to this question can be explored with the range of practical and creative natural science experiences provided in Just Discover! Topics include plants, animals, the human body and environmental education.
This book includes something for everyone, from the new or inexperienced early childhood educator to those with more experience who are looking for new ways to extend the learning environment for children.
- Includes a variety of experiences for children from infants to Year 2 (8 years):
- Beautiful colour photographs of each experience illustrate how to set up experiences with scientific principles, developmental appropriateness and aesthetics in mind
- Encourages the use of recycled, reusable household and natural materials
- Emphasises hands-on, play-based learning opportunities
- CHCFC8A Provide experiences which enhance children's development and learning
This text can be used to support the following CHC08 competency:
- CHCFC508A Foster children’s aesthetic and creative development