MyMathLab Student Stand Alone Access Kit
Want to access MyMathLab NOW? To purchase immediate access to MyMathLab using a credit card, go to www.coursecompass.com
. Then click the Register
button for students and click "Purchase online access." You will need the Course ID provided by your instructor.
MyMathLab is an interactive online course that accompanies this textbook. MyMathLab contains an online version of the book as well as learning aids, such review sheets, practice exams, case studies & applications, MATLAB® projects, and data in various technology formats. Students can take sample chapter tests in MyMathLab to help identify the topics they need to study. Instructors can use MyMathLab to assign tests and track students' results. Visit www.mymathlab.com
for more information.
Features for Instructors
MyMathLab® provides instructors with a rich and flexible set of course materials, along with course-management tools that make it easy to deliver all or a portion of your course online.
- Powerful homework and test manager: Create, import, and manage online homework assignments, quizzes, and tests that are automatically graded, allowing you to spend less time grading and more time teaching. Create assignments from online exercises correlated to your textbook, or create your own customize exercises. Homework exercises include guided solutions and sample problems to help students understand and master concepts. You can choose from a wide range of assignment options, including time limits, proctoring, and maximum number of attempts allowed.
- Custom Exercise Builder: The MathXL® Exercise Builder (MEB) for MyMathLab lets you create static and algorithmic online exercises for your online assignments. A library of sample exercises provides an easy starting point for creating questions, and you can also create questions from scratch. Exercises can include number lines, graphs, and pie charts, and you can create custom feedback that appears when students enter answers.
- Comprehensive gradebook tracking: MyMathLab's online gradebook automatically tracks your students' results on tests, homework, and tutorials and gives you control over managing results and calculating grades. All MyMathLab grades can be exported to a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel®. The MyMathLab gradebook provides a number of views of student data and gives you the flexibility to weight assignments, select which attempts to include when calculating scores, and omit or delete results for individual assignments.
- Complete online course content and customization tools: MyMathLab courses are filled with a wealth of content that is integrated with your textbook. Everything you need to deliver a complete online course is there when you adopt a MyMathLab course, but you can easily add, remove, or modify existing content. You can also add your own course materials to suit the needs of your students or department. MyMathLab provides a variety of communication tools you can use to create a supportive online community, including a discussion board, virtual classroom, and chat capabilities. You can also customize the look and feel of your MyMathLab course and select which content areas and communication tools to make available to students.
- Copy or share courses and manage course groups: If you've spent time customizing your MyMathLab course and want to use the same course next semester, you can copy your existing course and preserve all your customizations. You can also let other instructors copy your course. To coordinate across multiple sections of the same course, you can set up a course group, where assignments in the "coordinator" course automatically appear in the affiliated "member" courses. This option is ideal for departments that want to maintain a standardized syllabus across multiple sections taught by different instructors.
Features for Students
MyMathLab provides students with a personalized interactive learning environment, where they can learn at their own pace and measure their progress.
- Interactive tutorial exercises: MyMathLab's homework and practice exercises are correlated to the exercises in the textbook, and they regenerate algorithmically to give students unlimited opportunity for practice and mastery. Most exercises are free-response and provide an intuitive math symbol palette for entering math notation. Exercises include guided solutions, sample problems, and learning aids for extra help at point-of-use, and they offer helpful feedback when students enter incorrect answers.
- eBook with multimedia learning aids: MyMathLab courses include a full eBook with a variety of multimedia resources available directly from selected examples and exercises on the page. There are links to learning aids such as video clips and animations to improve their understanding of key concepts.
- Study plan for self-paced learning: MyMathLab's study plan helps students monitor their own progress, letting them see at a glance exactly which topics they need to practice. MyMathLab generates a personalized study plan for each student based on his or her test results, and the study plan links directly to interactive, tutorial exercises for topics the student hasn't yet mastered. Students can regenerate these exercises with new values for unlimited practice, and the exercises include guided solutions and multimedia learning aids to give students the extra help they need.
- Tutoring for students from the Math Tutor Center: Students using MyMathLab can use their instructor's Course ID to sign up for math tutoring from the Math Tutor Center. This service is staffed by qualified mathematics instructors who provide one-on-one tutoring via toll-free phone, email, and real-time Internet chat sessions. Tutors can assist students by explaining examples in the textbook and reviewing solutions to exercises with answers indicated in the textbook.
For more information, visit www.mymathlab.com or contact your sales representative.