International Business provides students with a comprehensive introduction to International Business from authors at the forefront of research in international and strategic management.
Taking a regional approach, this text challenges some of the underlying assumptions behind globalization and focuses on both the dominant economies the EU, the US and Japan as well as emerging markets in world trade, such as Brazil, India and China. The book also integrates analysis of the competitive environment and the internal resources of the firm to provide a strategic view of international business.
The book is written for students on undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in business, or business-related disciplines.
Part One The World of International Business
Chapter 1: Regional and Global Strategy
Chapter 2: The Multinational Enterprise
Chapter 3: The Triad and International Business
Part Two: The Envrironment of International Business
Chapter 4: International Politics
Chapter 5: International Culture
Chapter 6: International Trade
Chapter 7: International Financial Markets and Institutions
Part Three International Business Strategies
Chapter 8: Multinational Strategy
Chapter 9: Organizing Strategy
Chapter 10: Corporate Strategy and National Competitiveness
Chapter 11: Innovation, Entrepreneurship and "Born Global" Firms
Part Four: Functional Area Strategies
Chapter 12: Production Strategy
Chapter 13: Marketing Strategy
Chapter 14: Human Resource Management Strategy
Chapter 15: Political Risk and Negotiation Strategy
Chapter 16: International Financial Management
Part Five: Regional Strategies
Chapter 17: European Union
Chapter 18: Japan
Chapter 19: North America
Chapter 20: Emerging Economies
Chapter 21: China
Chapter 22: Corporate Ethics and the Natural Environment
· A new 5-part structure emphasising a strategic leadership approach to international business
· a brand new chapter on Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Born Global Firms with cases on Facebook, Spreadshirt and SetJam
· the core set of analytical frameworks in international business that bridge theory and practice
· 105 case studies drawn from a wide range of sources, updated for this edition
· practical tools, like the weighted country risk assessment model, for real-world decision-making
· a large set of bibliographic and web-based resources for independent research
Alan M. Rugmanis Professor of International Business and Head of the International Business and Strategy Group at the Henley Business School, University of Reading.
Simon Collinsonis Professor of International Business and Innovation at the Henley Business School, University of Reading.