For computer science or interdisciplinary introductory digital media courses
Digital media courses arise in a variety of contexts —Computer Science, Art, Communication. This innovative series makes it easy for instructors and students to learn the concepts of digital media from whichever perspective they choose. The Science of Digital Media demystifies the essential mathematics, algorithms, and technology that are the foundation of digital media tools. It focuses clearly on essential concepts, while still encouraging hands-on use of the software and enabling students to create their own digital media projects.
Please visit http://www.prenhall.com/digitalmedia to access these resources.
1. Digital Data Representation and Communication.
2. Digital Image Representation.
3. Digital Image Processing.
4. Digital Audio Representation.
5. Digital Audio Processing.
6. Digital Video Data Representation and Communication.
7. Digital Video Processing.
8. Multimedia Processing.