For sophomore courses on digital design in an Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science department.
Digital Design, fifth edition is a modern update of the classic authoritative text on digital design. This book teaches the basic concepts of digital design in a clear, accessible manner. The book presents the basic tools for the design of digital circuits and provides procedures suitable for a variety of digital applications.
This edition of Digital Design uses the latest features of IEEE Standard 1364, but only insofar as they support the authors' pedagogical objectives. The revisions and updates to the text include:
- Elimination of specialized circuit-level content not typically covered in a first course in logic circuits and digital design (e.g., RTL, DTL, and emitter-coupled logic circuits)
- Addition of “Web Search Topics" at the end of each chapter to point students to additional subject matter available on the web
- Revision of approximately one-third of the problems at end of the chapters
- A printed solution manual for entire text, including all new problems
- Streamlining of the discussion of Karnaugh-maps
- Integration of treatment of basic CMOS technology with treatment of logic gates
- Inclusion of an appendix introducing semiconductor technology