EAP Now! English for Academic Purposes Students' Book (2e)
EAP Now! English for Academic Purposes Students' Book
From time to time, not all images from hardcopy texts will be found in eBooks, due to copyright restrictions. We apologise for any inconvenience.
EAP Now! English for Academic Purposes, 2e prepares students with the necessary English language skills required for academic study at university and/or college.
Preview the text and workbook online >>
New to this edition
- A format which is now more teacher and student friendly makes the book easier to navigate and study with
- Additional lectures are available in each unit all with note-taking practice for students
- Extra research tasks on paragraph development and referencing to help students avoid plagiarism
- More contemporary, subject-specific writing and reading tasks as well as model essays to get students ready for academic study
- Greater focus on key academic areas - such as business.
Features & benefits
- All four skills are practised in a single book
- Tasks guide students through situations and assignments that simulate academic study
- Model academic assignments including essays and sample questions enable students to practise their skills
- A comprehensive Teacher's Book provides answers, extra ideas and assists teachers new to EAP.
Kathy Cox has extensive experience as Director of Studies at Australian Pacific College and has taught English for Academic Purposes to many students over the years, including within the University of Wollongong’s foundation studies program. Originally from the USA, she graduated from the University of Hawaii and has taught in Pago Pago, Samoa, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia. Her experiences and those of the many students she has taught form the basis for this book.
David Hill is currently a freelance curriculum writer having worked in Australia as an EAP Coordinator, Senior Teacher and Director of Studies. He has taught English to adults in the UK, Turkey, Japan and Australia. David is author of Academic Connections 2 and Academic Connections 3 (with Julia Williams), both published by Pearson Longman.