Deutsch Downunder is a two-level 'German for beginners' educational package.
The Activity Book Pack contains a copy of the Activity Book and an Interactive CD.
The Activity Book is a stimulating and innovative complement to the student book. Features of the Activity Book include:
- Linked activities that closely follow the themes, vocabulary and grammar structures contained in the student book.
- Graded objectives to ensure students develop knowledge and understanding through exercises ranging through passive recognition and cued recall to directed composition and free recall of vocabulary and grammar structures.
- A balance of language skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing. The listening comprehension activities are grouped together at the end of each chapter for easy student and teacher reference. Amongst the speaking activities there is partner-work in the form of role-plays.
- Activities designed to cater for a variety of student thinking and learning styles. The aim of the wide range of exercises in each chapter in the Activity Book is to actively engage students. The exercises encourage a range of thinking levels. Students with a wide variety of learning styles will find the activities engaging, stimulating and will be encouraged by the way in which their German improves!
- Many of the grammar topics introduced in the Coursebook are summarised again in the Activity Book for easy student reference. This acts as a ready reference before students complete a range of graded and varied exercises pertaining to each grammar topic.
- Innovative sections written in English on aspects of German culture in many of the chapters of the Activity Book. These sections:
- augment the cultural aspects covered in the student book.
- provide students with reference points on aspects of German lifestyle and history that they
- can readily compare with their own lives.
- encourage self-directed learning and exploration of German culture.
- Use of new German spelling throughout
The Student CD contains a PDF version of the coursebook. Hotlinks take the students from the coursebook to the relevant activity in the Activity Book or to an audio track. Students can also access the auto-correcting activities archived from the companion website.
Recommended CD specifications
- Intel® Pentium® III processor or higher
- Windows® 2000, 2003, XP or Vista
- Microsoft® Office 2000, 2003, XP or 2007
- 128 MB or more of installed RAM (256MB recommended for complex forms or large documents)
- Adobe® Reader® 8 or 9
- G3 or higher
- OS X.2.8 -4.11
- Microsoft® Office for Mac 2004
- 128MB or more of installed RAM (256MB recommended for complex forms or large documents)
- Adobe® Reader® 8 or 9