Deutsch Downunder 2
Deutsch Downunder 2
From time to time, not all images from hardcopy texts will be found in eBooks, due to copyright restrictions. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Deutsch Downunder is a two-level 'German for beginners' educational package. It covers a variety of authentic text-types and dialogues to provide an emphasis on communication in realistic settings.
Features & benefits
- Communicative methodology – an emphasis on communication of meaning in realistic settings, using a variety of authentic text types and dialogues as stimulus material.
- Understanding of language structures – clear explanations of German grammar in each chapter, with exercises derived from the stimulus material; detailed Grammar Summary
- Natural acquisition order of German language structures – based on current research, including the author's own findings for his Master of Education.
- Monitoring of progress – Wiederholung (revision exercises) in the middle and at the end of each chapter, with answers provided.
- Reflection on learning strategies – Lerntipp helpful hints for students for learning vocabulary and structures, encouraging independent learning.
- Understanding of German-speaking cultures through Australian eyes – the dies und das feature in each chapter presents cultural material in an engaging way; strong emphasis throughout on the variety of German-speaking cultures.
- Balanced use of German and English – all instructions to students are in German; more complex grammar explanations are in English.
- Balance of language skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing are developed equally.
- Full glossary – a complete bilingual word list.
- Catering for different styles of learners – in line with current educational practice, activities which will cater for different learning styles; extension activities
- Motivation of learners – engaging story-lines, with a depiction of contemporary Germanspeaking countries; themes suitable for both boys and girls; ganz witzig (really funny) features throughout, with authentic jokes and comics.
- Use of new German spelling throughout.
Pearson takes great pride in our authors. We source authors and contributors that are industry leading experts, with extensive experience of teaching and learning in their fields, from every state of Australia. We commission only the best authors who offer valuable insights and something unique to bring to the project.
Contributing Authors: Andrew Ferguson and Alan Wittick
Selected sample pages from Deutsch Downunder 2