The new edition of Basic Building and Construction Skills: Carpentry & Other General Construction Trades provides learners with the fundamental skills and basic knowledge for the building and construction industry. It has been fully updated to reflect present-day building practices.
Preview this text online >>
Pearson eTexts - more than just a great book online
With a Pearson eText teachers benefit from the underpinning content they know Pearson provides combined with the great functionality of an eText. This means that users can:
- search for key words and phrases
- highlight important points
- bookmark key pages
Students can add their own notes and check their understanding by completing additional interactive activities.
Instructors can share notes with students, access time saving teachers' resources or re-order and hide content.
Tap. Flick. Swipe. Pinch. Spread.
You can experience Pearson eTexts on the go with the advanced capabilities of Apple’s iPad.
Written for common AQF Level I and II Carpentry and OHS units of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Integrated Framework Training Package (CPC08) the text addresses the following competencies:
CPCCCA2011A Handle carpentry materials
CPCCCA2002B Use carpentry tools and equipment
CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
CPCCOHS1001A Work Safely in the Construction Industry
CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
Registering for my Pearson eText
1. Visit www.pearson.com.au/vet/carpentry
2. Find your textbook.
3. Click on the ‘Register’ button.
4. Accept terms and conditions, enter access code and follow on-screen instructions.
5. You can log in at the end of the registration process or any time at the url above.
6. Choose whether you are taking an instructor-led course (Your instructor will need to send this code to you) or studying on your own. Enter the eText course ID or select ‘Self Study eText’.
You can access the eText via the iPad with the Pearson eText app by using your login information. This app can be downloaded from the App Store by searching for ‘Pearson eText’. Once installed on your iPad, you can access the eText through the app by entering your account information.
Login as educator/teacher to access or purchase