Advanced Building and Joinery Skills provides the capstone skills introduced in Basic Building and Construction Skills: Carpentry & Other General Construction Trades and extended in Site Establishment, Formwork and Framing.
Key topics addressed include:
- Erecting and dismantling formwork for slabs, beams and stairs
- Installing windows, doors, lining, panelling, moulding, wet area fixtures and external cladding
- Assembling and installing internal and external stairs
- Constructing advanced roofs.
Preview this text online >>
Pearson eTexts - more than just a great book online
With a Pearson eText teachers benefit from the underpinning content they know Pearson provides combined with the great functionality of an eText. This means that users can:
- search for key words and phrases
- highlight important points
- bookmark key pages
Students can add their own notes and check their understanding by completing additional interactive activities.
Instructors can share notes with students, access time saving teachers' resources or re-order and hide content.
Tap. Flick. Swipe. Pinch. Spread.
You can experience Pearson eTexts on the go with the advanced capabilities of Apple’s iPad.
Chapter 1: Formwork for slabs, columns, beams and walls
Chapter 2: Formwork for stairs and ramps
Chapter 3: Construct advanced roofs
Chapter 4: Manufacture and assemble joinery components
Chapter 5: Install and replace windows and doors
Chapter 6: Install external cladding
Chapter 7: Install lining, panelling and moulding
Chapter 8: Install wet area fixtures
Chapter 9: Construct, assemble and install internal and external timber stairs
This comprehensive student text includes:
- More than 550 line drawings and photographs to aid student learning
- A comprehensive list of these figures is provided at the front of the book for ease of reference
- Reader-friendly language and design
- Removable assessment worksheets with space for including relevant student details
- A full-colour appendix, at the back of the text, highlighting important visual concepts.
Greg Cheetham has more than 10 years teaching experience in the VET sector. Greg currently teaches students for TAFE NSW – Northern Sydney Institute.
This new edition has been written to address relevant carpentry and joinery units of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Integrated Framework (CPC08) including:
These include the following AQF Level 3 competencies:
CPCCJN3003A Manufacture and assemble components for door and window frames and doors
CPCCJN3004A Manufacture joinery components
CPCCCA3009A Construct advanced roofs
CPCCCA3010A Install and replace windows and doors
CPCCCA3012A Frame and fit wet area fixtures
CPCCCA3013A Installing, panelling and moulding
CPCCCA3016A Construct timber external stairs
CPCCCA3017A Install exterior cladding
CPCCCA3018A Construct, erect and dismantle formwork for stairs and ramps
CPCCCA3019A Erect and dismantle formwork to suspended slabs, columns, beams and walls
CPCCJS3003A Assemble and install stairs
CPCCJS3004A Manufacture and install continuous handrailing and special stair components
Registering for my Pearson eText
1. Visit www.pearson.com.au/vet/carpentry
2. Find your textbook.
3. Click on the ‘Register’ button.
4. Accept terms and conditions, enter access code and follow on-screen instructions.
5. You can log in at the end of the registration process or any time at the url above.
6. Choose whether you are taking an instructor-led course (Your instructor will need to send this code to you) or studying on your own. Enter the eText course ID or select ‘Self Study eText’.
You can access the eText via the iPad with the Pearson eText app by using your login information. This app can be downloaded from the App Store by searching for ‘Pearson eText’. Once installed on your iPad, you can access the eText through the app by entering your account information.
Login as educator/teacher to access or purchase
Miscellaneous Instructor Resource