The Pacioli Software Suite (The Suite) comprises all three Pacioli software modules – 1) the Consolidation Accounting Program (CAP), 2) the Pacioli Consolidation Accounting Module 2 (PCAM2), and 3) Pacioli Income Tax Accounting (PITA). They combine to provide a unique 24/7 virtual tutor for students.
- CAP - students devise the elimination and other journal adjustments needed in the preparation of accurate consolidated financial reports. Primary emphasis is on the debits and credits involved in the process, with secondary emphasis placed on how the journal entries are reflected in a consolidation worksheet.
- PCAM 2 - Using a spreadsheet matrix approach, PCAM2 provides a unique learning environment for students work with “direct” and “indirect” interests – concepts that co-exist only within the confines of a “parent-child-grandchild” group structure. Students calculate direct and indirect group ownership interests, and then use these results to determine the allocation of undistributed group profits.
- PITA - Using a worksheet approach, students prepare journal entries for the current and deferred tax consequences arising out of various transactions and financial situations. Specifically, students learn how to account for current tax and deferred tax obligations, how to recover prior period tax losses and how to account for changes in the tax rate.
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING
“The explanations and feedback options allow for easy understanding of difficult topics”
“I now understand how to consolidate accounts”
“Has helped me understand consolidation accounting better than using a textbook alone”
“Taught me the majority of what I know about the consolidation adjustment process”
“I would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to study Consolidations”
Included on the discs
• Read Me First file
• End User Licence Agreement file
• Setup file
• User Notes file
It is strongly recommended that you read the Read Me First document, and also the End User Licence Agreement, prior to installing the program.
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher
CPU: Pentium 166 MHz or higher
Memory: 64 MB (128 MB or higher recommended)
Display: SVGA 1024 x 768 16-bit color
Hard disk: Installation: 10 MB or more free space
CD-ROM Drive: Highly recommended
What makes The Pacioli Software Suite special is its underlying educational philosophy and orientation:
- The Suite is an interactive learning tool developed specifically for accounting students. Purpose-built learning and teaching software, The Suite imparts fundamental accounting knowledge and skills while providing a more efficient and more effective, learning platform than proprietary commercial accounting software that has been adapted for student use.
- It randomly generates an unlimited number of unique, practical and tailor-made case studies for students to solve, each with its own unique solution.
- In case mode, students can access feedback at any time in the form of detailed case solutions and detailed explanation screens.
- Students choose the type of case study they wish to work on. Once they have nominated their preferred case options, The Suite will generate a case study within the specified parameters.
- The Suite generates an assessment summary for the case studies already worked on and (with a few exceptions) allows students to save unfinished work which they can resume at a later stage.
The Suite allows students to develop their knowledge and skills at their own pace, in a highly efficient and effective manner. It does this by promoting positive learning outcomes, and by making allowance for students’ particular learning style and preferences; they work through procedural problems at their own pace, at varying levels of difficulty and at times of their choosing. Students are thereby able to refine their knowledge, skills and techniques in a non-threatening educational environment. In short, The Suite empowers students to take control over their own learning process.