This bestselling textbook offers a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of e-business and e-commerce management. The author, Dave Chaffey, brings his trademarks of authority, clarity of expression and teaching expertise to bear on a subject in which he actively lectures and consults.
Popular for its cutting-edge and contemporary coverage, this text offers an international approach and a good balance between the technical and managerial topics of central importance to developing an understanding of this subject. It is an engaging read, packed with real-life examples and case studies.
Developed for students studying e-business or e-commerce at undergraduate or postgraduate level, and also used by many business managers, this is the essential text to keep pace with technology, strategy and implementation.
Preface and Guided Tour
1. Introduction to e-business and e-commerce
2. E-commerce fundamentals
3. E-business infrastructure
II STRATEGY AND APPLICATIONS
5. E-business strategy
6. Supply chain management
9. Customer relationship management
10. Change management
11. Analysis and design
12. Implementation and maintenance
· Thoroughly edited to ensure that the text flows well, with stronger links created between chapters.
· Updated content throughout, reflecting new technologies and developments, particularly Web 3.0 and cloud computing.
· Boxes within the text that explore concepts in more detail and give examples of principles discussed in the text.
· Brand new case studies and examples throughout.
· Brings the most up-to-date academic thinking and professional practice together in one place, covering all aspects of e-business.
· Range of features to help students learn effectively including margin definitions, international case studies, activities and weblinks.
· In-depth case studies on a range of organisations in both the public and private sectors, from start-ups to global companies such as Google and Facebook.
· Exemplary teaching and learning package saves lecturers time and helps students learn.
Dave Chaffey is an e-business consultant and visiting lecturer on e-business courses at Warwick University and Cranfield School of Management.