Fundamentals of Strategyis a brand new concise version of the market-leading text Exploring Corporate Strategy. It has been developed forstudents on short courses in strategy for example, doing an initial course at undergraduate, postgraduate or post-experience level, or studying strategy as part of a wider degree in the arts, sciences or engineering.
The book comprises 10 chapters, and focuses on the analysis and formulation of strategy. The final chapter raises implementation issues such as organisational structure, management processes and strategic change.
MyStrategyLab has been developed to help your students make the most of their studies in strategic management. Whether they want to check their understanding, revise for an assessment, or practise their strategic decision-making in The Strategy Experience simulation, they will find something valuable to support their learning including.
- Practising skills in strategic analysis, business planning, and putting strategic plans into action by working through the three phases of The Strategy Experience simulation
- Checking understanding of key concepts and issues in strategy using self-assessment questions, presentations from the authors, and a personalised study plan
- Revising for exams using audio downloads, electronic flashcards, and a multi-lingual glossary of key terms and definitions
- Learning about strategy in action from video clips of real managers talking about their own organisations
All of this and more can be found at www.pearsoned.co.uk/mystrategylab
1. Introducing Strategy
2. The Environment
3. Strategic Capability
4. Strategic Purpose
5. Culture and Strategy
6. Business-Level strategy
7. Strategic Directions and Corporate-Level Strategy
8. International Strategy
9. Strategy Methods and Evaluation
10. Strategy in Action
Fundamentals of Strategy builds on the established strengths of Exploring Corporate Strategy:
- Balance of theory and practical issues within the strategic process, with a strong and up-to-date research basis
- Range of short examples with wide geographical and sector coverage, and direct appeal to the student audience
- A longer (2-3 page) Case Example at the end of each chapter
- Exemplary teaching and learning package saves lecturers time and helps students learn
Fundamentals of Strategy differs from Exploring Corporate Strategy as follows:
- 10 chapters focusing on the core strategy topics which all modules address
- Long cases not included, but can be bundled as a Custom solution
- Smaller selection of Illustrations in each chapter
- Critical Commentaries, Strategy Lenses and Key Debates are omitted
The text includes access to a companion website, which provides:
For Students:self-assessment questions, audio guides, weblinks, a glossary and revision flashcards
For Instructors:teaching manual with case notes, PowerPoint slides, additional classic cases from previous editions, a testbank
Gerry Johnson is Emeritus Professor of Strategic Management at Lancaster University. Kevan Scholes is Visiting Professor of Strategic Management at Sheffield Hallam University. Richard Whittington is Professor of Strategic Management at University of Oxford.