Now in its fourth edition, Research Methods for Leisure and Tourism has quickly become the ultimate reference text for both students undertaking academic research and practising managers.
This book combines comprehensive coverage of a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods with in-depth step-by step guidance through research software including Excel, SPSS and NVivo.
PART ONE - Preperation
1. Introduction to research: what, why and who?
2. Approaches to leisure, sport and tourism research
3. Starting out - research plans and proposals
4. Research ethics
5. The range of research methods
6. Reviewing the literature
PART TWO - Data Collection
7. Secondary data sources
9. Qualitative data collection
10. Questionnaires - surveys, design and coding
11. Experimental methods
12. The Case Study method
PART THREE - Data Analysis
14. Analysing secondary data
15. Analysing qualitative data
16. Survey analysis
17. Statistical analysis
PART FOUR - Communicating Results
18. Preparing a research report